5 more years?

Gringoretirado

Dryer sheet wannabe
He everybody,

I am Gus and I have been lurking here for about 8 months. Finally decided to join.

I really like the collective wisdom here, I have learned a lot here and have gotten some great ideas as well. So, many thanks to all the contributors here. Hopefully in time I'll become one myself.
For now my plan is 5 more years, end of 2023. Will be retiring with zero debt at the age of 54. That being said I have a great job that will make it hard to walk away from.

Welcome aboard, Gus!

I notice you are using "retirado" in your user name.

FWIW, when in Spanish-speaking countries, I prefer using "jubilado" (which also means retired, but from the root of jubilant :D).

omni

For now my plan is 5 more years, end of 2023. Will be retiring with zero debt at the age of 54. That being said I have a great job that will make it hard to walk away from.

Welcome aboard!

Sounds like you enjoy w*rk. Why do you want to retire? What do you plan to do with all your time? :)

Welcome aboard!

Sounds like you enjoy w*rk. Why do you want to retire? What do you plan to do with all your time? :)

Thanks Bear,
As good as my w*rk is, it is still w*rk and the freedom to do whatever sounds even more appealing. The plan is to do some traveling, pick up scuba/snorkeling again and maybe some motorsports. The wife is hinting at working longer than me in a position overseas and I am not opposed to tag along(but not w*rking).

Welcome, and good luck!

Never underestimate the ability of time to erode greatness. :)

Spot on. My job was great. Until it wasn't. I was able to depart on a high note while the department and company were killing it. But I was tired of the global (and local) commuting. Also, like many here, my personal life had become much more valuable than my career. My personal life was always more important, but the order of magnitude made a big leap a couple years ago.

If your employer is amenable to it part time is a great way to transition into retirement... for both you and them.

Fifty four sounds good.

Hey Gus, Welcome!

My wife and I are planning to retire in 2023 also. She'll be 55 and I'll be 60. She has a great job but it's very stressful and she is eager to leave it behind and have time to pursue her own interests. I have my own home based business that I will probably continue at some level at least for a couple years after we retire. Like you we have zero debt, which really helps for planning our future.

Anyway, nice to see someone else planning to retire the same year as us.

I have a great job that will make it hard to walk away from.
I too, have a great job, salary-wise, that will be hard to walk away from. Comfortable office, lots of coffee and snacks. Paid for lunches during lunch meetings. Standard benefits.

Next year, at 53, I'll gladly walk away from all this w$#rk. My heart's no longer in it. I have so much I want to do that isn't work!

Back
Top Bottom