51 / Male / Single (Divorced)...and getting closer...

Nick59

Dryer sheet aficionado
Greetings all!

As indicated, I'm a 51 year-old male, single, and getting closer to retirement.

I had set a target "retirement" (in quotes explained below) of 55, but with the combination of recent market activity / changes in employment situation, I've had to recalibrate expectations/desires. I may still be able to achieve that objective, but we shall see...

I put "retirement" in quotes as I look at the process as moving through <some number> of phases of "quasi-retirement"...not the typical retirement in the sense of not working at all.

In many ways, I look at myself currently in phase-1: I've purposely downgraded my work/leisure mix in trade-off for <likely> working a couple more years. This decision was a lifestyle choice coupled with my own feelings on personal income taxation...

In any event, I'm sure my interests/concerns mirror many others...

• Fine tuning my retirement fund level
  • Distribution methods
  • Where to live / RV lifestyle
  • etc.
I do have a strong background in finance, and have already spent a lot of time over the years pondering these issues, so hopefully I'll be able to not only learn from others here, but contribute to others learning as well!

In any event, I'm sure my interests/concerns mirror many others...

• Fine tuning my retirement fund level
  • Distribution methods
  • Where to live / RV lifestyle
  • etc.
Yes...I do believe we have something in common....

Welcome to the forum. :flowers:

Welcome :flowers:

We look forward to hearing about your preparations and transition over the next few years.

Heck!
For a minute there I thought this thread would be a "juicy" personal Ad!:LOL:

Sounds like you are on your way at a Great Early Age & Welcome! :greetings10:

Back
Top Bottom