61 yo. Planning to retire at 62

HokieHi

Confused about dryer sheets
Greetings. I have perused the fora for awhile but never posted. I have discovered some good information here and appreciate this resource.

My numbers.
1,300,000 Net Worth
900,000 equities, moderately-aggressively invested.
About 75 / 25 in traditional IRA / Roth.
No debt.

DW will receive state pension of 50K+/year. I have no pension but most of the retirement accounts. I may continue working on very limited basis with select clientele.

Plan on some domestic traveling (motorhome), and watching the grands grow up.

I have run multiple scenarios with FIRE, Flexible Retirement Planner and other tools, and and am comfortable with our income/expenses entering retirement.

Biggest questions revolve around the many options for the pension and SS. Pension has Partial Lump Sum distribution and / or survivor benefit options.
All those scenarios can make choosing the right mix difficult.

Welcome HokieHi! If you haven't found them already, we have a helpful list of things to think about during the next year:

Some Important Questions to Answer

Glad to hear you have run the numbers and are happy with the results.

You may want to use the search function on the forums here to find threads on lump sum and survivor benefit options - this is a regular topic of interest.

We look forward to your contributions!

Congratulations! Sounds like a fine plan, and looks like you are well set up to enjoy a great retirement.
It's not clear to me if you are seeking opinions on which options you might consider, or just explaining your situation.

Lot's of sharp minds on this site, and many, I'm sure, have faced the same questions as you.

Best of luck!

Clarification

Thanks for the welcome messages.

I guess my first question is one of how to pose a question. Some have pointed out my intro didn't have any specific questions. That is because I was planning to pose those in either new threads or responses to existing threads.

What is best, continuing this thread or putting questions and comments in existing or new posts?

"Putting questions and comments in existing" posts is "piling on". It is considered somewhat rude and frowned upon. Plus, it makes it difficult for you to find the answer to your questions later on, because it's not your thread, and when you go into your profile it doesn't come up when you search your threads. To make it easy to find your posts and replies, I'd recommend putting one question or several closely related questions in a new post with a descriptive subject. Also, before you ask a question, use Search. It may have been asked and answered already. At a minimum, you'll see what's been asked, learn from it, and will be able to ask in a more direct, specific way to get to what you want.

Probably best to start a new post, maybe asking a couple of specific questions. "FIRE and MONEY" is good forum for your questions about how to handle the options available. Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom