About Time to Introduce Myself

Full time employment: Posting here.
Been a lurker since 2011.

Over the last several years I've read this site every night and suggested it to numerous friends. What a wonderful group of people. Feel like I know several of you. A little bit about me.

Worked for Megacorp 28 years. Was looking to retire at 60. For most of my career I loved what I did. Pretty much did the same job since 1998. Had the best manager over the last decade one could ask for. Then 2 things happened.

My industry - Insurance - and - job - Loss Mitigation are being taken over by AI. Since it currently requires lots of paperwork the Fintech companies are hitting it hard. Over time my job was slowly being outsourced. I would say in 2017-18 65% of what I loved to do was outsourced. Megacorp completely changed my job responsibilities. I never really loved my job like I had before.

In the meantime, my manager left and was replaced. I won't go into detail other than to say I worked with this individual a decade ago. Burned that bridge. My performance ratings went from top 10% over last 2 decades to mediocre. :facepalm: I accept full responsibility.

Been wanting to retire for a long time. Have been very frugal and always looking for how can I reduce our expenses while maintaining the same standard of living. Wife is on board. Ran several calculators and they said I was good to go.

So I retired effective 01/07/2019 at 58 1/2. Wife still working and 2 kids at home. One in high school and one.....well....um....still living at home. He is working full time and pays all his bills.

House paid for and no debt. Wife plans on retiring in 2 years.

Life is good. :dance: Looking forward to replying to some threads now that I have plenty of time and energy.

FYI. I would say that I closely relate to Daylatedollarshort and W2R. :greetings10:

Welcome to posting on our site. Sounds like you are in a good place.
Hope to hear more from you in the future.

Welcome, sorry to hear the job you loved was outsourced. I"m sure you have much to share. Looking forward to future posts!

Welcome. It is so wonderful to be in a position to say, "enough!". I really feel for those who truly hate their jobs but have to knuckle under and go in day after day.

Welcome and congratulations on your retirement.

Welcome to the other side! Hope your retirement is great! I look forward to reading your posts in the future.

Back
Top Bottom