Almost 55, native Floridian in The Villages, FL

mathgirl

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi! I was googling something about The Villages and found you guys and thought I would answer a post about my community and also join your board. I am a retired secondary math teacher. Taught everything from 6th grade math through Pre-Calculus, mostly in Miami-Dade Public Schools. Spending most of my time going to doctor's appts for my Dad and myself, and taking care of the house and doing other errands, and being on-line and with my precious red dappled mini dachsund, Tulip. I

Welcome, Mathgirl. There have been 3 or 4 threads here about The Villages. I'm in Tampa myself.

It's interesting to read peoples' reactions to The Villages. It seems that folks either really like it, or really feel it's not for them -- very few in the middle.

I think the Villages thread has ended so, since you mentioned it, I will post my opinion on it here: It is an absolutely gorgeous, clean, practically crime free, mostly quiet place to live. THe traffic is not bad and you can be to any kind of doctor or store you need within 10 minutes of anyplace in the Villages, which span into 3 counties, yet are not congested. It is a breathtakingly well planned community. The idea of the Villages going bankrupt is laughable....there are about 60,000 homes and they are still building like crazy, and are occupying almost immediately....They call it an anomaly in the Real Estate Market.....THAT SAID.....many of the people are blue collar retired from the utility companies up north, not that there is anything wrong with that, but if you are looking for the museum going type, then keep on loooking....quite the drinkers and partiers as a whole, and can be quite loud and obnoxious in the country clubs for us ladies who would like to have a quiet girly lunch. In fact, two of my neighbors have courtyard villas with corner lots and have built these pools in with obnoxious birdcage screen enclosures, dispite there being about four community pools within walking distance. To sum it all up, many people don't really feel comfortable here if they aren't coupled and drinkers. And, that would include me, on both counts. However, I am staying because I couldn't handle the crime and bass music in my old neighborhood where I grew up in Leesburg. Oh and by the way, the homes whose exterior walls are six inches of poured concrete are not at all overpriced. You can get a 2/2 with a small family room... a courtyard villa with a small walled in backyard and a 1.5 car garage, brand new, all appliances included, a sprinkler system and garage opener, for low 170s plus $103 per month maintenence fee! The taxes are $1600 a yr and the bond for the infrastructure is $1300 a yr. My utilities are only $200 a month for all 3 bills totalled. By the way, did I do something wrong that it put that I am confused about the dryer sheets? I read the post about the guy who came up with the idea of his wife cutting them in half:)

My utilities are only $200 a month for all 3 bills totalled. By the way, did I do something wrong that it put that I am confused about the dryer sheets? I read the post about the guy who came up with the idea of his wife cutting them in half:)

Welcome and thanks mathgirl for the on the ground summary. No, you didn't do anything wrong-until you make a certain # of posts that legend "Confused about dryer sheets " appears by your name. Ultimately you will lose it, and gain some other phrase which right now I can't remember. :)

Ha

Back
Top Bottom