Been Lurking

Lazarus

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Been Lurking for some time. Don't know if I have much to add but I have learned a lot here and enjoyed reading everyones posts. I am 47 and am hoping to ER at 55.

Hi Lazarus--
Welcome! Is your job such that you can tolerate it until age 55? If so, great! That certainly makes waiting for ER a more pleasant experience! :)

Leslie

Leslie said:
Hi Lazarus--
Welcome!  Is your job such that you can tolerate it until age 55?  If so, great!  That certainly makes waiting for ER a more pleasant experience!  :) 

Leslie 

Indeed! Almost like being raised from the dead.

JG

I would go now if I could. Looks like 55 will be the best I can do. Pension and medical at that time should be enough to put me over the top. Just being aware that there is an end to it makes it easier to go on.

Hi Laz!

The 8 years might go faster if you have a plan to follow. Retirement home? RV? Sailing lessons? Whatever!

Good luck!

BUM

MRGALT2U said:
Indeed! Almost like being raised from the dead.

JG
Welcome Lazarus. Great monniker. You'll find ER wisdom here.

JG, You really are starting to annoy me. Why? You used my line about being raised from the dead, and I notice that you used it at 3 a.m. when I was asleep. No way am I gonna get up in the middle of the nite to compete! :)

Right now I feel more like a Zombie, ' The Living Dead'. Hopefully I will rise when I have FIRE.

Back
Top Bottom