Been so long....

Different people have different ideas of how much boat is enough, don't they? :)

My own preference is KISS. A Folkboat is probably sufficient for most cruising needs. Frank Dye made some pretty impressive voyages in Wayfarers, too.

wayfarer-640x480.jpg

Different people have different ideas of how much boat is enough, don't they? :)

I know nothing about boats, and have not owned even a kayak. I see the appeal in your sailboat, but I strongly suspect that it is going to be tough to spend a night in it, or is it on it?

My own preference is KISS. A Folkboat is probably sufficient for most cruising needs. Frank Dye made some pretty impressive voyages in Wayfarers, too.
But where do you put the genset and watermaker? :LOL:

Conga rats on your degree and the boat !
Perhaps me & Fuego should really take you on your sunset cruise offer with all of our small kids at the same time ;)
That would teach you not to type irresponsible posts.
Although - some of the crew here is becoming moderately useful, do you need your boat washed?

img_950345_0_21770fa37f5e7b1520e81109bc0241dc.jpg

Tough, perhaps. But that sort of thing appeals to hardy souls!

For more information, see Margaret Dye's book Dinghy Cruising; or see generally the Dinghy Cruising Association website.

Wow! Learn something everyday. I'll pass though. I am not that tough. I'll try RV'ing without [-]TV and [/-]Internet first. I am not sure I will even survive such hardship.

Now, Sailor, Fuego's kids are charming, polite, and good-natured--must get all that from his wife--they are welcome on Stella Rose anytime! FD's kids are likewise but, being boys, a tiny bit rowdier! :) We didn't get to take them out on the water when they visited, too rough in the harbor. But I'm betting your little Sailor is the handiest one aboard ship of the lot!

Welcome back. Gonna just keep her tied up or start the grand loop? ahhh life at 7mph. Come see us at Lat 34.0399365 Long -77.896159

I'm waiting for the boat to arrive! Last reported at Oriental, NC leaving the dock at 5am this morning. Next stop Wilmington tonight and a crew change and then on to Charleston. Hope to arrive here Monday!
We definitely need to make the trip back up NC way this summer!
And the loop is a dream--but probably a good many years away. :)

Welcome back! Don't forget that CruisersForum.com has a powered boat section with some Trawler discussions and the rest of the forums have info on tons of other system and restoration topics.

I hope you get to kick back and enjoy one of these at sunset:

G1312Pbig.jpg

I am jealous!

Hey, I love that glass--one of my more delinquent friends promises to swipe some of those from her local bar in honor of the Stella Rose.

I will check out the forum, of course. And I can't wait till she gets here--micromanaging the crew from a distance isn't nearly as much fun as micromanaging in person. ;)

Hi, my name is Sarah and I've been away for far too long from my early retirement peeps that I felt I needed to post a "Hi, I am"! :D

But I have been busy in the interim, wrapping up my classes next week to finish my bachelor's degree. Commencement is on July 10th. The best news of all is that I got a boat for graduation! She's just outside of Annapolis now and will be coming home via the ICW by the 4th of July.

I've missed this place so much as school dragged on and on, but I'm so happy to be done. It was worth it to lose my social life for 8 months, I suppose....so....what'd I miss? :D

Here's a picture of the Stella Rose. She's a 1976 Marine Trader Double Cabin trawler and she's just lovely!

Coming to Charleston? Get ready to go on an sunset cruise--we'll be waiting at the dock!

Sarah

Welcome back Sarah!!! Congrats on the graduation AND on the boat. DH and I really need to make our way out to Charleston sometime for that sunset cruise! :greetings10:

Saturday's commencement ceremony was long, hot, and fairly boring but I'm glad I went.

The party afterward was awesome! I made 6 gallons of "trash can" rum punch. Any of you that have been to the Abacos, especially during Race Week, will know the effects! Recipe available upon request. :)

This is my sweet cousin Jennifer who came to cheer me on (along with DH).

Attachments

• Graduation.jpg
    Graduation.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 4
Saturday's commencement ceremony was long, hot, and fairly boring but I'm glad I went.

The party afterward was awesome! I made 6 gallons of "trash can" rum punch. Any of you that have been to the Abacos, especially during Race Week, will know the effects! Recipe available upon request. :)

Recipe: Rum, some other stuff... :cool:

Great pic and the party sure does sound fun...I remember the trash can punch days from college...vaguely. :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom