Better later than never

RedHawk

Recycles dryer sheets
I have made a few posts on the forum, but never formally introduced myself. I am a 20yo sophmore junior finance major. Got interested in money management from my dad who semi-retired from Megacorp earlier this year at 50 and now works part-time. I got started in investing about 2 years ago with individual stocks, but that didn't work out so good so I now invest in mutual funds.

I hope to learn more about money management and investing on this forum to aid me in my own retirement savings in the years to come after I get into the "real world."

Welcome to the board, Ryan.

So, what'd you decide-- finance or accounting?

rjpatt - welcome.

I just glanced at your first 10 posts, and I am very impressed with the quality of your questions. Wow - at 20yo I would estimate you to be a good 30 years ahead of the curve. Most 50yo don't get this stuff.

The only advice I'll give at this point is follow the KISS principle - this isn't rocket science. If you keep asking he Q's you have, and do 60% of this stuff 60% correct, you will be miles ahead of your peers. I expect that you will do well.

Keep up the good work, and keep posting. It is great to get some input from the younger crowd.

-ERD50

PS - hopefully, you are out having fun at this hour on a Saturday nite!

Where is this "real world" of which you speak? :LOL:

Wish I'd had a clue about something other than sex, drugs, and rock and roll finances and investing when I was twenty...

There was something other than that when we were 20?

Maybe that's why I'm so far behind, albeit better than the national average from what I read.

Keep up the great posts and follow-through. You'll do great. It has become a "personal missino" of mine to lead the young correctional officers I work with to the "trough of ER wisdom". Maybe a few will even drink from it.

HFWR said:
Where is this "real world" of which you speak? :LOL:

Wish I'd had a clue about something other than sex, drugs, and rock and roll finances and investing when I was twenty...
I'm glad I was stuck in the mud. You only go around once :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom