Big day tomorrow! House goes on the market

Hi newguy,

I know it's pretty easy to look at someone else's situation and make a judgment about how it would be a great idea to ER. Of course, I haven't done it myself. It does seem, though, that you've got some good reasons to go to NC. Nobody can really predict what will happen to real estate prices, but it sure seems the odds are in favor of housing on the coasts (NYC/NJ/CT, DC area, Boston area, Calif coast, etc) to cool down and, very possibly, decline over the next five years. Some think the decline could be significant. Housing in areas that haven't had the crazy run-up, like in Raleigh area, could be safe havens from a burst of the bubble.

Most importantly, you really seem ready for a change and this is a great opportunity to make that change. After a year of ER in NC, you may decide you'd like to teach for a while to sock away more cash. Or maybe the part time gig at REI (or wherever) will work just fine. In any case, it sounds like the move to NC will provide a real boost in your emotional outlook... and the importance of that should not be understated.

Back
Top Bottom