bored

bored

Confused about dryer sheets
O0Hi, just wanted to say hello, i'm new, and retired.O0

Well, I hope you're not um, bored....

Welcome to the forum! :D

(drats...Martha beat me to it!)

Welcome to the forum! If you are bored, I'd recommend the Soapbox...:D

what is the Soapbox, I hope that, that doesn't mean the soapopera if so excuse me ignorance.O0

It's the forum where civility, reason, and logic go to die. It's a political and social minefield, inhabited by trolls and faeries. It's a place where good threads gone bad are banished. It is the bane of this forum's existence. It is where free speech meets censorship. It is a place you don't tell your friends you visit. It is like a dysfunctional PTA meeting without the cookies and punch. It is Bambi vs. Godzilla. It is a place you go to bed thinking about and wake up in the morning pissed off about. It is most of the questions, and all of the possible answers. It is gossip, innuendo, lies and half truths baked in a pie. It is a place where you don't get to just put your toe in the pool, it will suck you into it's whirling vortex. ...it is a place where no one ever forgets and no one ever remembers. It is where infractions are issued and licenses to ignore are bought and sold. It is a giant sucking black hole that sooner or later will capture each and every one of us, if only for a while. It's also a hell of a lot of fun occaisionally.

Last edited:
It's the forum where civility, reason, and logic go to die. It's a political and social minefield, inhabited by trolls and [moderator edit]. It's a place where good threads gone bad are banished.
It is a giant sucking black hole that sooner or later will capture each and every one of us, if only for a while...

It's like hell on earth, except that you enter it voluntarily. It's better to dash in really quick, then get out while you are still sane.

I think I have posted there only once, just a mundane observation. But to be fair, the thread that I joined got moved from another forum. So, I can still claim I did not enter hell intentionally. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the forum where civility, reason, and logic go to die. It's a political and social minefield, inhabited by trolls and [moderator edit]. It's a place where good threads gone bad are banished. It is the bane of this forum's existence. It is where free speech meets censorship. It is a place you don't tell your friends you visit. It is like a dysfunctional PTA meeting without the cookies and punch. It is Bambi vs. Godzilla. It is a place you go to bed thinking about and wake up in the morning pissed off about. It is most of the questions, and all of the possible answers. It is gossip, innuendo, lies and half truths baked in a pie. It is a place where you don't get to just put your toe in the pool, it will suck you into it's whirling vortex. ...it is a place where no one ever forgets and no one ever remembers. It is where infractions are issued and licenses to ignore are bought and sold. It is a giant sucking black hole that sooner or later will capture each and every one of us, if only for a while. It's also a hell of a lot of fun occaisionally.

:2funny: Good description of the soapbox - why we hate it and why we luv it!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the forum where civility, reason, and logic go to die. It's a political and social minefield, inhabited by trolls and [moderator edit]. It's a place where good threads gone bad are banished. It is the bane of this forum's existence. It is where free speech meets censorship. It is a place you don't tell your friends you visit. It is like a dysfunctional PTA meeting without the cookies and punch. It is Bambi vs. Godzilla. It is a place you go to bed thinking about and wake up in the morning pissed off about. It is most of the questions, and all of the possible answers. It is gossip, innuendo, lies and half truths baked in a pie. It is a place where you don't get to just put your toe in the pool, it will suck you into it's whirling vortex. ...it is a place where no one ever forgets and no one ever remembers. It is where infractions are issued and licenses to ignore are bought and sold. It is a giant sucking black hole that sooner or later will capture each and every one of us, if only for a while. It's also a hell of a lot of fun occaisionally.

Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said ’we are all just prisoners here, of our own device’
And in the master’s chambers,
They gathered for the feast
The stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can’t kill the beast

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
’relax,’ said the night man,