Brief Introduction

Coldmountainrain

Confused about dryer sheets
I am 28. Started my career on January 2, 2008 as an audit associate for a reputable accounting firm in Texas. Prior to this I was a part of my family business and completed an overabundance of education requirements. Consequently I am starting my investment career now. I currently have about $10,000 USD in cash at the moment and no other investments. My emergency fund is provided for through my father, freeing up my salary and the majority of my cash savings for future investment. I plan to keep about $2,000 USD give or take in an expense checking account for immediate needs.

Within the next two months, I'll make my first contributions to my company 401(k), will open a Roth IRA and a normal taxable investment account. With the time I am alloted outside of my work, I plan to study for my CPA exam and learn as much as I can about investing for my future and possible early retirement (still many years away).

From this board, I want to glean as much as I can early on and hopefully provide some insightful feedback as I gain more knowledge. I am also looking for a place to keep a vbulletin style finance journal. I think that having my general investment decision and finances out in the open (within reason) is a good idea.

Coldmountainrain, welcome aboard! Thanks for the nice intro. I look forward to your future contributions.

Coach

and completed an overabundance of education requirements.

LOL. Thats how I felt too (at the time).

I'll make my first contributions to my company 401(k), will open a Roth IRA and a normal taxable investment account. With the time I am alloted outside of my work, I plan to study for my CPA exam and learn as much as I can about investing for my future and possible early retirement (still many years away).

Sounds like a great plan. Remember:

1) 401k up to match
2) Roth up to full
3) 401k from match to full
4) taxable investing

If you are new to investing, I'd strongly suggest you head over to Guide to the Vanguard Diehards Forums and spend some time reading there and reading the books on their reading list.

Back
Top Bottom