Early 30s. Evil. Likes kittens.

I decided at your age to put my nose to the grindstone and work for the man until I built up a big enough wad. I am pretty close now, but its been a slog. A different path might be better for you, but think about various paths before you choose one. With no wife or kids you have a lot more choices open to you.

Thanks for the advice, Brewer12345, and everyone else. I hope you've been well. The grindstone and wise investments got me to where I wanted to be financially a few months ago.

A few ideas that I found helpful along the way:
1) Listen, listen, listen. You can gain from others' thoughts, whether they're right or wrong.
2) Take calculated risks.
3) Accept advice gratefully, but make your own decisions.
4) You win some. You lose some. Sometimes life just sucks. Just make sure you don't lose everything.
5) Just because you mess up doesn't mean you're a 'bad' person. You're going to be judged a lot. Don't let it get to you. Keep on keeping on.
6) Maintain friendships. I've tried to be a good friend as much as possible, and it's paid back in spades.

I still have a long way to go intellectually, but now that I'm where I am financially, I'm starting to think about next steps. Maybe there's some way I can use that Biden infrastructure money to create a win-win-win situation.

Not a problem, but unfortunately it appears every poster who responded to you back in 2011 is no longer active on the board.

Maybe they were all waiting for an update. If they return now, we’ll know for sure.

We'll see...:)

Haha. :)

Maybe some of them will get an email notification about this thread and re-visit. :) I did glance through some folks' activity, and some have only been away a few months.

Lol way to intro Groovy. Something to be learned ;)
Do you DJ? Play in a band?

Lol way to intro Groovy. Something to be learned ;)
Do you DJ? Play in a band?

The intro part is a decade old. :)

I karaoke a little bit. People point and laugh at me when I do, as a sign of respect.

The intro part is a decade old. :)

I karaoke a little bit. People point and laugh at me when I do, as a sign of respect.

Haha. Just noticed the decade bump.
Well it sounds like, you'll have plenty of time for karaoke!
Good advice from you further above. Keep us updated on your next steps. Don't wait another decade...:D

Back
Top Bottom