Eleven months and counting

polloloco

Recycles dryer sheets
I found this site by accident a few months ago. Have been planning for ER for a while but really did not know when. This is the most conservative estimation of retirement income versus investments I have seen. Just saw that I had the opportunity to be the 1000th member and decided to jump in. Planning to ER 10-31-05 if things work out.

This is the most conservative estimation of retirement income versus investments I have seen.

You're right about that. We all came here and assumed that FIRECalc was the worst case scenario. I mean after all it included the Great Depression! :-/

Then we all structured our retirement plans to surive the Great Depression and then a number of forum members are convinced that the next 40-50 years will be worse than that! :eek:

We'll all probably die with $10 Million in today's dollars, just because we had mediocre investment returns over our lifetimes :D

Congrats on being member #1000. Sorry, no prizes awarded.

Well, at least there are 1000 people interested enough in FIRE or at least in participating on the best ER forum on the planet. That's what percentage of the population? OK with me since I never liked to be part of a big crowd anyway. I've always taken the path least traveled and it really has made a difference. But, for many years until I found this forum, I thought I was alone in my philosophy.

Again, welcome aboard.

Back
Top Bottom