Embarrassing Question

ricthemic

Dryer sheet wannabe
Have been reading your boards for years. Retired three weeks ago at 58 from HVAC sales/project management.
DW still working and likes her job. I babysat today and yesterday (8 hours) for my three month old grandson. Changed loaded diapers for first time in 27 years. My embarrassing question.... what does "FIRE" mean?
Also enjoy yelling frequently in the shower, " FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST, THANK GOD ALMIGHTY"

GO SOX

If you have been here for years consider this a belated welcome. Does your user name mean Richard the Irish Guy?

welcome ricthemic!

I'm a former plumbing project manager/estimator/part-time engineer who had it with the industry and switched to the 'dark side' of consulting engineers last year. :)

I actually enjoy being on the other side of the table, as I enjoy being detail oriented, creating designs, and checking other designs for things they might have left out.

As if the construction industry isn't bad enough, I had to work with a father, brother, brother-in-law, and one sister! Needless to say, there wasn't a whole lot of harmony in that office! :) (and I'm the quiet one!)

I started that way in 1970 mechanical contractor, father/owner, oldest sister/office manager, older brother/playboy. Lasted ten years

DH is also an HVAC project manager, building hospitals and schools. Hopefully he'll be able to join you as an EX-HVAC project manager :)

This is like holding a winning lottery ticket. All the joys of FIRE together with a regular paycheck and benefits.

I should be so fortunate at some point in the future.

this is exactly DW's position for the last 4 years and she loves it :D (I have to say I enjoy having her RE'd as well)

Back
Top Bottom