End of Shift after over 30 years of Service

WPauley

Dryer sheet wannabe
I walk in Friday Morning, Make my own coffee, Turn over my Phone, Credit card, I.d. Electronic keys, Building keys, Vehicle Keys Have a little cake, wrap up a few things on the computer, like put my outlook on permanent vacation, Change my Voicmails, clean out my desk, office, vehicle and leave at the end of the day a free soul! :dance:

I walk in Friday Morning, Make my own coffee, Turn over my Phone, Credit card, I.d. Electronic keys, Building keys, Vehicle Keys Have a little cake, wrap up a few things on the computer, like put my outlook on permanent vacation, Change my Voicmails, clean out my desk, office, vehicle and leave at the end of the day a free soul! :dance:

Any employee worth his salt could get all that done by noon. :)

Congrats!

Congratulations!

Cheers[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

I still remember the feeling of freedom. Congratulations!

Are you sure are doing the right thing? What are you going to do with all your time? LOL

Good luck and I wish you well in your retirement. Outstanding.

Years ago, while in university, I worked for a railway.

One afternoon a train came in the yard. It had a huge white banner over the engine, as was common for retiring locomotive engineers. This one was different. Last run-51years. He was crying as he climbed down the engine.

This was not uncommon. He either started work as a wiper (cleaning coach windows) or a telegraph boy. Apparently you could do that at age 14 or 15 in those days.

In any event what do you think his hobby was. Yes, that is correct. He was a big time model railroader!

30 years of service these days is certainly something to be proud of. Congrats and enjoy your retirement to the fullest.

Last edited:
only 2 more sleeps!

Have you considered OMY? Just to be safe

Congrats

Congratulations!
Monday morning will be wonderful:dance:

Maybe you could leave early today. In our industry, they wouldn't generally even let us stay for the 2 or 3 week notice period, but still pay you.

Are you sure are doing the right thing? What are you going to do with all your time? LOL

LOL

The biggest congratulations to you! This news put a smile on my face. Best of luck.

Congratulations!! :dance::dance::dance:

I have 25 months to go and I will be joining you in the land of freedom.

Congratulations! You're gonna love it!

Your title reminded me of the narrative we use when a sailor retires:

The Watch

For thirty years
This sailor has stood the watch
While some of us were in our bunks at night
This sailor stood the watch

While some of us were in school learning our trade
This shipmate stood the watch

Yes.. even before some of us were born into this world

In those years when the storm clouds of war were seen brewing on the horizon of history

Many times he would cast an eye ashore and see his family standing there
Needing his guidance and help
Needing that hand to hold during those hard times
But he still stood the watch

He stood the watch for thirty years
He stood the watch so that we, our families and
Our fellow countrymen could sleep soundly in safety, Each and every night
Knowing that a sailor stood the watch

Today we are here to say
'Shipmate... the watch stands relieved
Relieved by those You have trained ,Guided, and Led
Shipmate you stand relieved.. we have the watch..."

"Boatswain..Standby to pipe the side...Shipmate's going Ashore.."

Good for you, 30 years is long enough, I wish you all the best for the future.

Today is the day the chain ball gets cut off. Have a good retirement.

Congrats!:dance:

Remember the "Close Encounters" movie a couple decades ago? We're like the mothership crew. Welcome aboard. Join us as we wait for the next persson to arrive. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom