Join Early Retirement Today

ER'd...and thank you...
Old 05-07-2014, 03:58 PM   #1
Confused about dryer sheets

ER'd...and thank you...

So, in short, thank you to the members of the ER.org community…

I’m 57, retired 6 months ago after 30 years of 60-70 hour work weeks (2 different careers) and LBYM. Two kids are happy and launched. And there’s a grandson, soon to be living nearby ☺.

A few years ago, so tired, I started lurking. And paid attention. And listened. And listened some more. And I did the math. Apparently, I had (at least sufficiently) won the game. I appreciate this community; I appreciate the (very) different personalities and the (very) different point of views. I learned different things from different people. It’s quite a group and you showed me how to pull it off.

DW continues to work at a nicely paying job in a career she loves. She could ER tomorrow and we’d be fine, so she’s really just doing what she likes to do as long as she wants to. She can hang up her spikes anytime.

I write, I garden, I cook, I run, etc. I'm here for my extended family. I’m in the best physical shape I’ve been in in 20 years.

Ten years ago I never would have considered ER even a possibility, but the combination of hard work, business luck, decades of LBYM, and the input of the ER.org community showed me it could happen. At this point, it’s just waiting for DW to decide she too is ready..

Keep it up, you’re helping a lot of ER types find their way..
Massears is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2014, 04:47 PM   #2

Welcome, Massears! Congratulations on your new life and thanks for posting to remind all of us that what we say here really does make a difference (even to the lurkers). I lurked off-and-on for a year or so before joining and being able to ask questions and be reassured about my plans made all the difference for me.

So to you lurkers out there - don't be afraid to join, we don't bite!
MBAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:56 PM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I lurked for years before joining.

Congrats and welcome.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:30 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBAustin View Post
So to you lurkers out there - don't be afraid to join, we don't bite!
Well, maybe just the odd nibble or chomp

Congrats, Massears!
Welcome aboard.
ERhoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:37 PM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

Congratulations! Gotta be a great feeling.
WannabeRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:45 PM   #6

Your welcome. Now pay it forward!