Finally FIRE’d @55 in Silicon Valley

I checked the prices on some of the units that are for sale there. It looks like the 1 bed/1 bath are pretty inexpensive but a large 3/2 was quite pricey. Not sure though how it would compare to a house just outside the community. I'll definitely have to check it out when I'm up that way. I'm assuming it's not gated and anyone can drive thru the community and check out the clubs and various other facilities?? Something to keep in the back of my mind in 15-20 yrs. Hopefully self driving cars will be commonplace by then and I won't need to worry about getting around. In the meantime, I need those young tech workers to keep driving up the price of houses in the Bay Area.

It is gated but the realtors in the nearby shopping center have open houses frequently and can get you inside the gate. If you look at a site like Redfin you can find the open houses.

Hi,

I have just retired at 58. Have you had any issues with OBAMACARE. I have heard horror stories from others about it. My wife and I have been on the corporate high level plans for a number of years. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Back
Top Bottom