Join Early Retirement Today

FIRE 2016 - 2019 maybe.
Old 08-01-2015, 06:13 PM   #1
Confused about dryer sheets

FIRE 2016 - 2019 maybe.

Hello Everyone,

I'm a long-time lurker and just made my first post so I thought I would introduce myself. I started lurking back in 2010 when I got so fed up with my job I quit. I found a new job very quickly (before I was done working at the old one) but decided I really wanted to be able to stop working permanently and found this form. Since then I quit twice more, but just like the godfather, they keep pulling me back in. My most recent job move was for personal reasons (to finally move in with my partner). I'm pretty much FI according to all the models, so I think maybe I'll hang it up next year, but if work isn't too bad there could be benefits hanging on until 2019 (that would put me at 50). I guess I'm suffering from OMY (or in my case 4 more years).
Pecan518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2015, 02:02 PM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

Welcome!
Katiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 05:05 PM   #3

Welcome Pecan! If you haven't seen them yet, there are two excellent resources here that might help you make your OMY no longer than necessary:

http://www.early-retirement.org/foru...ire-69999.html

and

Early Retirement FAQs - Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community

We'll do our best to answer your questions also - lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks hang out here!
MBAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 11:16 PM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Welcome Pecan 518!

Sounds like you've changed j*bs fairly often in the last few years. Some folks say that this helps keep you from getting sick of a given j*ob, but maybe not for you!

Does your partner plan to ER with you, and how does this impact on your ER plans? My DW ER'd several months before me. I kept asking her if she enjoyed it. She clearly did, so I left too. Couldn't let her have all the fun!

FB
FreeBear is offline   Reply With Quote