Fireup returns from the employed abyss...

Fireup2020

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Hello all! (Hello again to many of you still here!)

I discovered this site back in 2007, and at that time I had the goal of retiring by 2020. Good news -- it's coming to fruition! I'll be retiring from the USN Feb 1, with an additional hefty chunk from the VA for service-connected disability. Then I get to return to my civilian job (state gov't) which they have held for the past nearly nine years (!!!) - I was surprised too!! I'll be purchasing my military time in the pension system there, and retiring as soon as that goes through (July-Oct 2019)....WOOT!! No more W2's!!! DH and I have a business selling jerky at (mostly) beer & wine festivals - which is NOT a full time job, but since the mortgage will be paid off this coming spring (another YAAAYYY!!), we'll be cutting the shows back so we have more travel time. There's an RV to buy and lots of camping travel along with overseas trips to tend to in the upcoming years!! After all this frugal living, mortgage principal paying, and retirement saving, it will be nice to get a pay raise in retirement as we reap what we've sown! :D:dance::cool:

It's always nice to hear when someone works hard, plans hard, and it pays off.

Have fun!

Congrats. Nice to hear. Bought some jerky at an FLA festival which was yummy.

Well done!

Ain't it grand when everything comes together....congratulations! :dance:

Good for you! And, we both love us some good jerky!

Thank you! Good to see some familiar names here!!

Welcome back, FIREUp, and congratulations on beating your own deadline!

Then I get to return to my civilian job (state gov't) which they have held for the past nearly nine years (!!!) - I was surprised too!! I'll be purchasing my military time in the pension system there, and retiring as soon as that goes through (July-Oct 2019)....WOOT!! No more W2's!!!
I'm impressed with your state's generous military service credit.

And you're well-positioned for that luxurious CAT VI Space A travel too...

I'm impressed with your state's generous military service credit.

As am I!! My FTS orders were written as recall orders from my residence since I was technically a SELRES on local orders recruiting [emoji41] Sent my orders in to state HR, and I’ve still been getting the first 30 words days each calendar year paid mil leave (since recall Apr 2010!)

Back
Top Bottom