Former workaholic ready to simmer down

ANANOMALY

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi All,

I am new to this website and found it through Nord's website. I am a military spouse whose husband will be retiring next year (hopefully). As for him, he has earned his pension. As for me, I was ridiculously foolish with my income. I'm still relatively young but have come to the conclusion that I don't like working as much as I used to.

So now that I'm serious about it, I am ready to submit to common sense. I've come here to get my financial house in order so that we can live our dreams before we're too old to fully enjoy them. BTW, we're 41 and 40.

Welcome ANOMALY!

Never too late to start! Good luck with the spending...certainly one of the keys....

Welcome to the forum. 40/41 isn't too late, many people start later. I know people in their 50's who haven't saved much and have no coherent plan.

I suspect you're way ahead of most people, congrats on that!

Welcome aboard. The fact that you are seriously thinking about retirement is the first and biggest step. Browse around, look at the FAQ subforum for some of our perennial favorite discussions, and ask questions freely. We have more than our fair share of really smart people who can answer just about anything.

Back
Top Bottom