Getting too busy in Florida

GaryH

Confused about dryer sheets
Interesting forum...good information.
Planning to retire from my STRESS day job with a good basic defined benifit retirement plan, I'll be 62. Still trying to figure out , should I take SS now or later? I have a bunch of rental properties that has and still is bringing good income, I own them free and clear, but I'd like to sell them all and pay off my house and invest the rest. I'l be pretty busy when I retire, I have a 7 acre Christmas Tree hobby farm that I started the planting this year (it will take 4-5 years to start getting income, but it did lower my taxes because I'm agriculture NOW). I hope the Christmas Tree farm helps me sell the BIG house later so I can down size and spend half my time in Tennessee and relax at my cabin "Lake Mist", .
I also teach Scuba diving in the summer, I've got 4 students ready to go. On the other side I have started a Water and Wastewater operations business and this year I have expanded into putting Septic Waste Receiving Station in at Florida cities that are looking or need additional income and want to do the right thing for the environment. I did this 20 years ago in the Florida Keys and I just getting this started again, I recently put a new one here in Central Florida. I have a couple more cities that have requested info, so I'm working on their contracts now.
So, you see I have plenty to do when I retire. It will be nice to ONLY work 7 days a week:confused: I think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just reading your list of activities makes me feel pooped! What a busy man!

Are you sure you are on the right forum? We are supposed to be a bunch of laid back people who just want to goof off.

I only work part-time, at my leisure, and they want to expel me already.

I really need to slow down and let my kid work.

Stop! You are making my head hurt. :LOL:

Interesting forum...good information.
Planning to retire from my STRESS day job with a good basic defined benifit retirement plan, I'll be 62. Still trying to figure out , should I take SS now or later? I have a bunch of rental properties that has and still is bringing good income, I own them free and clear, but I'd like to sell them all and pay off my house and invest the rest. I'l be pretty busy when I retire, I have a 7 acre Christmas Tree hobby farm that I started the planting this year (it will take 4-5 years to start getting income, but it did lower my taxes because I'm agriculture NOW). I hope the Christmas Tree farm helps me sell the BIG house later so I can down size and spend half my time in Tennessee and relax at my cabin "Lake Mist", .
I also teach Scuba diving in the summer, I've got 4 students ready to go. On the other side I have started a Water and Wastewater operations business and this year I have expanded into putting Septic Waste Receiving Station in at Florida cities that are looking or need additional income and want to do the right thing for the environment. I did this 20 years ago in the Florida Keys and I just getting this started again, I recently put a new one here in Central Florida. I have a couple more cities that have requested info, so I'm working on their contracts now.
So, you see I have plenty to do when I retire. It will be nice to ONLY work 7 days a week:confused: I think?
Doesn't sound like retirement to me.:ROFLMAO:

I think you're looking for the Early-Jobchange.com boards.

But re taking SS now or later, I don't know the formula, but the benefits are progressively reduced when income reaches a certain level until you reach 70, I think, so if you take it now you'll be leaving money in the fund.

I really do need to really retire. I really need to slow down before it's too late.

Back
Top Bottom