Gonna jump..... but scared

Just wanted to give an update on how things turned out for us.

We did in fact move back to NY July 2019. Our renovations went smoothly except for Covid-19 hitting about 3 weeks in, making it take longer. We did stay in budget even with some extras. The only thing left untouched at this point is the landscaping, but taking a break to just enjoy for a while. We love the way it turned out and attached a picture of it.

NC home sold for full ask in 36 hours. (300,000)
My husband couldn't transfer his job, but we found out our costs are lower than we expected so he can just be retired now.
The plan to use savings for 2-3 years has worked out well. I shuffle it around for bank bonuses and high interest offerings.
We are still letting the accounts grow untouched, even though it's been bumpy, we are still growing steadily.
The yearly taxes on the house did increase, but only to about 8,100. That is really pretty good for the area.
Son #2 has had an interesting first year as a hospitalist, but loves his career choice as a physician assistant and is making very good financial choices. More importantly he is doing great on his own.
Daughter loves her new school and son #1 is looking to purchase his 2nd property.

So all in all, it was a great move. I love being near the beach again. I can see now that all my worrying wasn't necessary. We have no mortgage, no debt and paid for health insurance. Life is good! Thanks again for all the insight!

Attachments

• front of house.jpg
    front of house.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 235
What a great update! So happy that all turned out well and that your family is flourishing. Enjoy!

Thanks for the update. Nice house! Glad things are working out as planned.

Always interesting to hear an update and even better when it works out as well as this one did. Glad things worked out for you and enjoy.

All sounds great.
Time to kick back and enjoy life, especially when COVID dies down.

Back
Top Bottom