Good Day Everyone From NC

derlamtay

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello, My Name is Derrick and i'm new here! Stumbled upon this website and think its great. I'm 35 yrs old, about to purchase a bread route here in NC and want to retire early. I'm very optimistic that i'm going to receive a lot of great information from you all and am looking forward to fellowshipping/networking with you all. Thanks for having me and be exceedingly blessed in all your endeavors! :dance:

Welcome aboard, Derrick! Lots of good information and helpful posters here.

omni

Welcome, Derrick! You & I have a few things in common. First, I was born & raised in NC, the town of Rockingham, to be exact. You probably know where that is. Second, my middle name is Derrick! Third, when I was a kid, my dad had a bread truck route in NC. His area included around our county (Richmond County) plus Moore Country (Pinehurst, Southern Pines etc.) I sometimes got to ride with him in the truck.
and into parts of SC as well. Anyhow, again....welcome to this great place!

Welcome, Derrick. If you don't mind my asking, what is a bread route? I envision something like the paper route I bought when I was 13 and later sold. We purchased papers from the publisher for 7 cents and charged 15 to our customers. The routes usually sold for one month's worth of collections.

I envision something like the paper route I bought when I was 13 and later sold. We purchased papers from the publisher for 7 cents and charged 15 to our customers. The routes usually sold for one month's worth of collections.
You must be young!:cool: On my paper route we bought the paper for 3-1/2 cents and sold them for a nickle. That meant I delivered papers 7 days a week for about five bucks a week assuming everyone paid. When a customer stiffed me it came out of my profit and the newspaper still got their money. I left the waitress that much for a tip at lunch yesterday.:LOL: I paid five dollars for the route.
Bruce

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom