Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
You might be surprised at the number of 'folks' the bouncers mods don't allow past the velvet ropes.
From one who knows!

There have been some eccentric folks here in the past. I miss them, but they may have driven some more sensitive people away. Observe decorum.

And I don't care how big your truck is."
Ed_The_Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2012, 09:02 AM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I am very good about observing decorum - in others lol.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:20 AM   #23
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by afntrn56 View Post
Doesn't everyone pretty much fit right in here? I hope so!!! Welcome aboard the train to retirement and beyond!!!
I have never fit in anywhere in my life, and I am not about to start. You will see me on the "All-ER Forum" list for infractions..........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #24

I'm a true INTJ personality, which does tend to get me cast in a negative light at times lol. Generally, though, I can keep it under control...
Old 03-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #25

Another INTJ eh? Welcome to the club!
Old 03-09-2012, 10:51 PM   #26
Give me a forum ...

I just looked at the 3 photos of your Falcon. I don't know about the year, but Glenn Morrissette, a musician who lives full-time in a small RV and has a widely followed blog at "tosimplify-dot-net", had a Falcon as his first motor home. You probably know about Glenn already.

A few forum posters have sold their homes and gone RV full-timing. As much as I like to travel in one, full-timing is not for me. So, I have never been interested in class As or 5th wheels. If I happened to run across a good B when I was shopping, I could have bought that instead of the 25' C that I have now.

The Falcon is a bit tight for a couple to go full-timing though. Even Glenn had upgraded to a larger Chinook. I think you would have a better chance of talking your wife to go along in a larger vehicle, maybe something like that Lexington you have been eyeing.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #27

We agree about the Falcon - we can handle about a month in it at a time. and I'm familiar with Glenn's story.

We talked about getting the Lexington this weekend, but decided to wait: too much going on financially at the moment. We'd have to take a loan, and even if its just for ashort time, that's going beyond my comfort zone, right now. In a few months, everything may settle down. If its meant to be, and that particular unit is still around, we'll see. Else, there are many more for sale around the area.