Greetings: Already Jumped in with Both Feet

BobM

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello everyone. I have been visiting the ER forums for a while and decided to join. There is a lot of good info here. I am 58 and retired in 12/05, so I have been "out" for about a year and a half. I have a pension of $65k per year that is cola'd and I carried over health insurance from my employer. My wife and I have $500K in IRA's and 401K's. I was with my former employer for 33 years and really did like my job (although it was getting more stressful towards the end). But I tell you I have not missed work for a nano-second. And, although I was skeptical about this before I retired, the days really do go by faster now. Anyway, hello, and I hope to participate a lot on the many good forums.

Welcome aboard, Bob. You're way ahead of me in terms of being a RE vet since I'm only 10 weeks into this thing. This is a nice community as you already know...have fun.

Welcome Bob-

I am on my 11th month and it just keeps getting better. As I have slowed down....more interests have surfaced for me to explore.
You will find it is great to have this site - full of folks of the same mindset to help w/ all the outside noise concerning doing something "different" --LBYMs and bailing!

It's been about 2.5 years, and things just keep getting better.

Welcome,

That's a BIG pension! An aquaintance of mine worked for Siemens in San Jose for about 25 years, took the early retire package last year, and now collect about 38K a year. And I thought that was really really big.

Welcome,

That's a BIG pension! An aquaintance of mine worked for Siemens in San Jose for about 25 years, took the early retire package last year, and now collect about 38K a year. And I thought that was really really big.

Usually the big COLA'd pensions are from government jobs. In my opinion they get the best pensions and the best medical.

In their mind, that's the way it should be. In my mind they have a very sweet deal.

MasterBlaster - if it makes you feel any better, I have a fed gov't job, my pension will be 30% of my high three (which won't be near $65K), but since I am going to ER, I won't have my health bennies when I go.

I have budgeted in the fact that I'll have to get it on my own.

Karen

Back
Top Bottom