Greetings from Spain!

vicente solano

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Hi all! Posting from Spain. I´m almost 60, lawyer (not practising) laid off from a shipbuilding company. Happily married, one son with independent means. Currently I´m living in the countryside. Hoping to get good pen friends.

Welcome Vincente. We would love to hear more about you and your life in Spain!

Ha

Welcome Vincente. We would love to hear more about you and your life in Spain!

Ha
hi there! Seattle mmm. The weather in your State is very much like where I live in Spain.

Welcome to the forum.

I live in TX....but don't hold that against me....:flowers:

Welcome, I'd like to hear more about your life in Spain as well.

Tell us what place we should visit in Spain that hardly anyone goes to, is safe, relaxing, and not too expensive.

Hi Vicente, Welcome.

If the weather where you live is like Seattle's you must be living in northern/northwestern Spain, no? Galicia, Asturias, Cantabria, even perhaps Basque country?

Tell us what place we should visit in Spain that hardly anyone goes to, is safe, relaxing, and not too expensive.
It ´ll depend on how important is sun, beaches and what is absurdly considered as typical Spanish stuff, which by the way I mostly hate. Bearing in mind these there conditions any place Niorth or North West would suit you fine. Great food, wild beaches, hiospitable people and reasonable prices.

Hi Vicente, Welcome.

If the weather where you live is like Seattle's you must be living in northern/northwestern Spain, no? Galicia, Asturias, Cantabria, even perhaps Basque country?
Pretty accurate! I live in Galicia. From what I´ve read less rainy/cold than Seattle. By the way, beautiful city.

Welcome Vicente. I took a cycling trip in southern Spain last November and loved it. I will have to try the north in the future.

Well, yes I do. But when company comes, I put my gun away. ;)
Mmmm if you say so... Against my better judgment I´ll take a chance with you. That, despite your very provocative avatar. Anyway, do treat me kindly, I´m learning your language....!

Welcome Vicente. I took a cycling trip in southern Spain last November and loved it. I will have to try the north in the future.
I too try to cycle every day....on an E-bike. And when I do I wish I was in the South too. Here in the Northwest is rather cloudy/rainy/windy. But the scenery....

Hi, Vicente. We have been to Barcelona, Valencia, Madrid, Sevilla, Segovia, and Toledo, but not Galicia. Spain is a wonderful country to visit. I have been telling all my friends about the wonderful time we have there. We definitely will make a return trip to explore other regions of the country.

Welcome, Vicente, :greetings10:. You say you are posting from Spain, were you also born there?
Thanks for your welcome. Yes, I was born in Cadiz, Andalucia. From 4 to 7 i lived in England. Came back and went on to live in Galicia, Northwest Spain.

Hi, Vicente. We have been to Barcelona, Valencia, Madrid, Sevilla, Segovia, and Toledo, but not Galicia. Spain is a wonderful country to visit. I have been telling all my friends about the wonderful time we have there. We definitely will make a return trip to explore other regions of the country.
You sure have toured half of Spain! But you´ve seen what I would call the typical Spain. Mind you, in this case most of the best of it. Next time try the other Spain: not so glamourous, but very interesting and genuine. And less expensive.

Hi Vicente,
Welcome from someone rookier than you are. My wife and I loved Cadiz. Spent a long weekend there after a visit to the Visteon plant. There was a restaurant with tapas and drinks only, very near the hotel and we'd go there every evening. for some reason the restaurants wouldn;t serve food until evening, only drinks. We were also surpised to learn that Cadiz is possbily the oldest town in Europe, or something of the sort. That's a place where time goes by really slowly, what is another millenium after all?

Back
Top Bottom