Greetings from Texas

Maybe it is time for a first ever Texas FIRE Jamboree. Austin is centrally located.

Austin may be centrally located state-wise; but, maybe not ER Forum-Population-wise. Ah, heck... we can have rolling gatherings. That means we need a theme.

How about Docs in Crockett? That way I can pick up about 15 pounds of brisket to run through the Seal-A-Meal and freeze. :angel:

Austin may be centrally located state-wise; but, maybe not ER Forum-Population-wise. Ah, heck... we can have rolling gatherings. That means we need a theme.

How about Docs in Crockett? That way I can pick up about 15 pounds of brisket to run through the Seal-A-Meal and freeze. :angel:

While I do love Austin & surrounding areas, I'll 2nd the vote for Crockett! Or maybe we can all just meet at Bucky's in Madisonville! :D

While I do love Austin & surrounding areas, I'll 2nd the vote for Crockett! Or maybe we can all just meet at Bucky's in Madisonville! :D

Ah, come on..... you'd really give up Doc's bar-b-que for Bucky's? :facepalm:

Howdy, Bay Bum. Houston reporting in! I highly recommend retirement and I've been at it for over a year now. Congrats.

The rest of us eat in a dining room.....:ROFLMAO:

On another topic, did you hear the news? My 35 committee recommends moving I-35 | KXAN.com I always hated the I35 traffic jam in Austin.

Before Bucky's showed up, that Exxon station across the road stayed pretty busy, but now, it's almost a ghost town. I can't believe how much business Bucky's does. Parking lot is jammed evertime I go by there.

When I first arrived in Austin in '81, there wasn't much traffic at all....even I-35 wasn't real busy. Slaughter Lane was just a road on the south side of town that didn't really seem to serve much purpose..I don't think anybody lived on it. Nothing much south of there, just a scattered few homes.
But then my little town of Bastrop only had one stoplight too.

Back
Top Bottom