Greetings from Washington & Bali

wzb47

Confused about dryer sheets
Greetings from Washington & Bali

Just found out this forum and would like to make connections with some retirees here.

My name is Tam (47) and I am a newly retiree (or semi-retired if i may say). I have read a few posts from other retirees. I hope this forum will teach me things I am not familiar with.

Just want to shout out as a newcomer!

Big hugs,

Last edited:
Do you spend half the year in Washington and half the year in Bali? Worked in Indonesia (both in Kalimantan and Java) for a couple of years and visited Bali. Great place and would like to go back for a longer period.

I have found this board to be a great resource. A tremendous amount of accumulated knowledge here.

Do you spend half the year in Washington and half the year in Bali? Worked in Indonesia (both in Kalimantan and Java) for a couple of years and visited Bali. Great place and would like to go back for a longer period.

I have found this board to be a great resource. A tremendous amount of accumulated knowledge here.

Yes, I spend half and half in both. Are you retired now? Let me know when you want to go back to Bali.

Welcome Tam. We're glad you're here. Lots to learn, and I'm sure you have much to contribute. Looking forward to seeing your posts!

Hi Tam, which season do you stay in which place? The North American winter months in Bali can be quite rainy. Although I have heard there are air quality problems at times in the summer. I have never been to Bali but I am keen to visit and learn more. Thanks.

Hi Tam, which season do you stay in which place? The North American winter months in Bali can be quite rainy. Although I have heard there are air quality problems at times in the summer. I have never been to Bali but I am keen to visit and learn more. Thanks.

Hi Kramer,
I am in Washington from April to November, the rest will be in Bali. Normally summer in North America and rainy season in Bali. It is not that bad when it is rainy season in Bali, normally rain for an hour and then the sun will come out. I never experience any problem with the air quality in the summer when i was there a few years ago, probably because I live on the north side. Prevailing winds come from the north providing cool breeze from the ocean.

When you want to visit Bali, please let me know. It is easier if you know or have a friend especially when you visit a new place. :)

˜t

I was in Java, Bali and Lombok last Sept for about a month. Great place to visit. The only negative experience was the transportation. Long bus rides and it seems like most taxis just want to scam western tourists. Like to go back and see the komodo dragons sometime.

I was in Java, Bali and Lombok last Sept for about a month. Great place to visit. The only negative experience was the transportation. Long bus rides and it seems like most taxis just want to scam western tourists. Like to go back and see the komodo dragons sometime.

Hi FIREd_2015,

Glad that you like it there. Do you have friend(s) in Indonesia? It would be better if you do. Next time when you visit Indonesia again, I suggest that you have "Grab"or "Gojek" apps on your phone. I myself never take a bus while I am in Indonesia as Grab is everywhere and cheap.

I was in Lombok (Gili Meno) last January flying out from Bali to Lombok, but I haven't been to Komodo Island. Haven't got a chance to do so. Hit me when you are in the Bali area and probably I can show you around..

˜t

Back
Top Bottom