Happy Jack Loves retirement

Happy Jack

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello everybody,
I took early retirement in 2009 when I turned 62 and have never looked back.
The only bad thing about retirement is growing old on body not spirit.
I still feel like I can do anything I want until I try, then it's you dummy you know you can't do that anymore.
Other then that I am really enjoying this retirement, hope you all are too.
I 'll be talkin at ya.
Happy Jack:greetings10::LOL:

'When your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill'...Little Feat

Welcome to the forum. :greetings10:

Welcome Jack. Minor detail, but I'm pretty sure our body grows old whether we retire or not. :) Glad you're enjoying yourself.

Sounds like a nice retirement! The only thing I would add is that 62 is not early retirement in my opinion, but normal statistical retirement age. You're eligible for SS at 62, and most people in many western countries would consider 62 well past normal retirement time.

Sounds like a nice retirement! The only thing I would add is that 62 is not early retirement in my opinion, but normal statistical retirement age. You're eligible for SS at 62, and most people in many western countries would consider 62 well past normal retirement time.

Early retirement is in the eye of the retiree.

Congratulations Happy Jack - hope you stay that way.

Of course anything can be in the eye of the beholder, but statistics tell the real story.

"Figures often beguile me, particularly when I have the arranging of them myself; in which case the remark attributed to Disraeli would often apply with justice and force: 'There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.'"

- Mark Twain

Early retirement is in the eye of the retiree.

Congratulations Happy Jack - hope you stay that way.
I agreed.:clap: One man's trash is another man's treasure. We are living longer there for 62 is considered early retirement IMO. Yes, we can draw SS at 62 but that's with early retirement penalty. At current state, I'll be happy like Happy Jack to retire at 62. My FIRE was planned for 50 then 55 then 62 hope it will be 62.:confused:

Congratulations Happy Jack and welcome to the forum.

FYI, SSA's booklet defines Early Retirement as 62 and Full Retirement as 66 for my age group. As someone who also retired at 62, I consider myself and that of my DW (retired @63), to be early retirees. Now, we may be older that most of Class of 2011 (in their 50's), but we still consider ourselves to be fortunate to be FIRE and really enjoying it.

Early Retirement

January 2009 my Dr. put me on insulin for my type 2 diabetes.
I had to quit my job transporting Railroad crews to and from there trains as You can't drive for hire under DOT rules if you take insulin for your diabetes.
I thought man I don't want to spend another year looking for a job and collecting 180.00 a week Unemployment.
So I sat down and looked up the SS on the Internet and used there little Calculator and figured out how much I would get at early retirement. With my pension from Time Warner Cable and my SS i figured I could live off of that, plus I could work if I wanted to. So I have never looked back and it was the best decision I ever made.:LOL::LOL:

Sometime we choose the what right for us then other times, others choose for us. I'm happy for Jack and hope I can be Happy Sam myself in near future.

Back
Top Bottom