Join Early Retirement Today

Hello all
Old 10-28-2007, 06:34 AM   #1
Dryer sheet wannabe

Hello all

I have enjoyed reading the posts on this site and finally decided to join. My wife and myself are 54 years old. My wife retired six years ago to become a full time grandma. I will probably work for many years to come because I like what I do. Even though I may not be a very early retiree I have learned much from this forum that will help in the future when I decide to take the plunge. I look forward to learning much more in the future. Thanks to all who make this site so entertaining and educational.
Mike10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2007, 06:57 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Mike10, welcome to the forum. Congratulations on having a j*b that you like so well that you're willing to trade a big chunk of the rest of your life to do. (Just kidding...)
Old 10-28-2007, 07:50 AM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Welcome Mike! This is a great forum to exchange ideas. I'm sure you will enjoy. Congrats on having a job you enjoy. You are in the minority here.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:36 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Mike

Welcome to the boards. Do you work for yourself? Glad that you have enjoyed this place well enough to introduce yourself.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:10 PM   #5
Dryer sheet wannabe

Thanks for the warm welcome

My brother and myself own a business that our father started. While there are days I am ready to join my wife there are other days that provide challenges that keep life interesting.

As I said previously I have leaned many things while lurking. Before reading funny joke Thursday I was not aware what part wheat bread played in a successful retirement plan.

The thing I like about this forum is that the people who post here appear to be more relaxed compared to other forums. Thanks again.
Mike10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 04:12 PM   #6
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike10 View Post
Before reading funny joke Thursday I was not aware what part wheat bread played in a successful retirement plan.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:42 PM   #7
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike10 View Post
My brother and myself own a business that our father started. While there are days I am ready to join my wife there are other days that provide challenges that keep life interesting.
More power to you, Mike....my grandfather started a company, passed it down to his son, and my father expected myself and my brother to continue. I'm here along with my brother, but am in the process of calling it quits from the industry - too many reasons: family dynamics, employees' union, suppliers, our "customers" (general contractors), etc., etc.. Thank God that you and your brother are able to keep it going. I used to see other family business split apart, and I'd think "why couldn't they just stick it out and work things through?" Now, I realize that it isn't always so easy.