Hello Form Beautiful Downtown Usk

USK Coastie

Recycles dryer sheets
Well second time around, I'll start a post as Nords suggests, by following his directions. Real men don't need no stink'n directions or at least if they have them they won't read them. A breif Bio. I'm 56 and DW is 55. Will be able to FIRE in three years 4 months 1 day but whose counting. I actually started counting down when I truned 55. Will be eligible for USGR retirement on FIRE date as well as Tricare unless the new clowns in congress do someting to stop it. Thats opposed the the old clowns who will no longer be in charge after tonight. The best thing for congress to do most of the time is nothing at all. The country seems to work better that way.

Very proud to be one of the 1% of this nation's citizens that Keeps/has Kept the other 99% free and able to do really smart as well as really dumb things. Next time you see a member of the Armed Forces in uniform please take the time to thank him/her for their service. Without their service and sacrifice most of what is discussed on this board would be a mute point as our system would not exist as it does today.

Investments split between Ewards Jones IRA account and 403b at employer. With a defined benifit pension I can collect as an annuity (not!!!!) or as a lumpsum to roll into the IRA. As DW is a former EJ employee we receive a discounted employee rate on fund mgmt as well as all IRA purchases are NAV.

According to Advanced FIRE CALC with the funds in the IRA ,once all are rolled together, SS at 62 for each of us and the CG Pension we should be able to draw $55 - $60 K with a 100% sucess rate. I'm going to run FIRECALC again as soon as the program reflects that it is 2007 to see if the inputs hold true.

I look forward to many intersting posts and discussions in the future.

Welcome to the board again, Coastie.

USK Coastie said:
I'm going to run FIRECALC again as soon as the program reflects that it is 2007 to see if the inputs hold true.
FIRECalc uses public-domain databases that aren't updated very quickly. I think the program is only up to 2004 or 2005 performance numbers, so running it tomorrow won't be any different than running it today.

Did I say all that correctly, Dory?

Welcome Coastie. Few know of the skills and courage of your service. Anyone who will cross the Columbia River Bar in heavy weather, be or lift rescue swimmers, to rescue boaters in trouble is my hero.

Where are you stationed?

4 YR USAF then to USCG. 2 YR USCGC Blackhaw WLB 390 out of San Fran. After that 3 YR Port Safety Detachment Ketchikan Alaska. From there to USCG Reserves for 12 YRS retiring as CWO 3 Naval Engineering.

As for those of us stuck in the cold and gloom as some of the other threads around here have talked about. I can sympathise Here in Usk on the river it is foggy/cloudy most days during the winter. I just keep reminding myself that when DW and I lived in Ketchikan the standing joke was" You want to see the sunshine? Get on the airplane and go to Seattle!" It rains in Ketchikan 300 plus days per year.

So ther are worse places to be that in the snow and clouds

Back
Top Bottom