Hello From AZ

Busabob

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi Everyone,

Like everyone else here, I want to retire early! How's tomorrow looking:confused: Well, I'm 45 and not quite there, but sometime between now and when I turn 55 I will be. Looking to learn from those that have, what pitfalls to watch for, what to expect? Probably will work seasonally in AZ but it won't be for money, maybe drive the van at the Bob Bondurant School of Driving, or hand out towels at the gym. :)

Bob

Welcome Bob, hows everything in the past Hay Capitol of the World. Last stop for me The Islands, middle lake, Elliott and McQueens, been gone since 2006 and ER'd at 54.

grasshopper said:
Welcome Bob, hows everything in the past Hay Capitol of the World. Last stop for me The Islands, middle lake, Elliott and McQueens, been gone since 2006 and ER'd at 54.

That's a mile from me! The Starbucks on Warner/Cooper is my regular stop. Shop at the Fry's across the street.

Welcome Bob. I'm 48 and looking at age 54/55 to exit the working world. This forum is filled with some of the most useful advice for anyone wanting to successfully retire. Has given me the confidence to shore up my plan and get my wife on board.

Welcome Bob. I'm 48 and looking at age 54/55 to exit the working world. This forum is filled with some of the most useful advice for anyone wanting to successfully retire. Has given me the confidence to shore up my plan and get my wife on board.

Thanks Big E. My wife is going to need some convincing too. Mainly that without a mortgage, and not investing anymore we can afford to live on A LOT LESS and still have a great standard of living with nice vacations and plenty of activities. We've always spent wisely but lived very well. I've done some calculations and I think we can continue that lifestyle on half of our current net income.

Well, I'm back after a 15 month hiatus of earning and paying down debt. Current situation is 47, wife 47. Net assets $1.5M, liabilities $200k ($143k mortgage). Have to pay gains on $900k of assets (ISO's) but they will be paid in 6 equal annual payments.

Getting closer......

Back
Top Bottom