Hello from Florida

marymom

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello,

I have been lurking here for several months and decided to introduce myself. I am 50 and DH is 48. I stay at home. He is retired military working a federal job. We have 4 children. 1 who has graduated college, 2 at university and a high school junior. My DH is looking to retire again in 2-3 years. He had a taste of freedom after he retired from the military and is ready to take the permanent plunge! He is working to cash flow college expenses. Here is a rough snapshot of our numbers, actual balances in 2016.

Projected income in 2018-

Military pension 57,000
Rental Income 20,400
Family Partnership Income 10,000

TOTAL 87,400

Social Security- who knows? bonus if it still is there!

Investment Accounts- 800,000
Roths/IRA- 160,000
TSP- 150,000
Real Estate 1,435,000
(includes our home, rental home, vacation home and inherited waterfront lot that we are looking to sell sometime in the future)
TOTAL 2,545,000

We have no debt, own everything outright. I manage our vacation home and it does cash flow positive which is not included in projected income. I also have an interest in 2 estate trusts which bring in a minimal amount of income but own some large tracts of land that will be sold or developed in the future. As soon as we can ride out these college kids... FREEDOM! Thank you for your shared wisdom and experiences on the Forum. Marymom

Looks like you are well positioned for an enjoyable early retirement depending on what your spending is..... in fact, you could probably retire now if you want to.

Back
Top Bottom