Hello From SE Asia!

stoutboy

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi to all at Early Retirement! :greetings10:

I'm a long-time lurker here, but have starting posting recently. I'm hoping to retire from the fed gov when eligible at 53, in nine years (?!?), but I may stay in until 55 , depending on whether DW also ends up getting a job for Uncle Sam.

I have to say, I admire the resolve and fortitude so many of you have in striving for your goals. I got a late start to FIRE, but I'm trying to get serious now and bear down. The savings some of you have been able to amass is very impressive. It is motivational, too.

I think we're doing ok for our station in life--could be better, but it could be so much worse, too. So I'm basically content. I think we're on target for our future goals, especially if DW signs on--two pensions, plus savings, plus SS and two TSPs. I'm maxing out TSP, we're saving like mad, no kids (but we wouldn't mind having one).

We don't own a home, but are saving up, and should be able to buy outright if/when we want. It's just a question of where to live when the time comes--where will our dollars go furthest.

Anyway, no questions or anything at the moment, just wanted to give everyone a shout-out and to thank all for helping me keep focused on the ultimate goal.

stoutboy, welcome to the forum! It sounds like you're on track to RE -- congratulations!

What took you to Southeast Asia?

Coach

Back
Top Bottom