Join Early Retirement Today

Hello. I am...
Old 09-17-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
Confused about dryer sheets

Hello. I am...

George. I am bald, unemployed and live at home with my parents.

OK. Maybe not.

Actually, I live in the Midwest (not with my parents) and have been a broker for 30 years. I maintain about four websites and I write 100% of the content.

Hopefully, I'll be a positive contribution to the Forum. And don't worry. I don't spam. I'm not a GA and have no products to sell!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2010, 02:24 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

George, welcome to the forum...I think.

It is obvious by your initial posts and links to your website that you make a living selling health and perhaps other types of insurance. So that you won't be taken by surprise, folks on this forum have a very low tolerance threshold towards new members who, in their opinion, see E-R.org as a source for sales leads.

Just sayin...

And by the way, using a commercial website as your username is not only a no-no, it's a dead giveaway as to your real motive for joining up.

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:34 PM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Play nice, OQ, and your experience and expertise in the health insurance arena will be highly appreciated by many posters.

- Will Rogers
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:37 PM   #4

Hi and thanks for the information. Actually, I often use Ohioquotes for my Forum name. I assure you...the reason is not to gather prospects. And also, I did not post any links in my comments so I'm not sure what you meant.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioquotes View Post
I assure you...the reason is not to gather prospects.
Excellent. If you 'walk the talk' and follow brewer's advice above, you are welcome here.

Quote:
And also, I did not post any links in my comments so I'm not sure what you meant.
I was referring to the link to your home page (a commercial site - "get a free quote") on your Public Profile...

Old 09-17-2010, 02:51 PM   #6

Ah...Ok. I assume that's a "no-follow" link so it really has little impact. And I'm not here to get quotes. Just support for my "Walk Across America For Groats Disease."

Signature links and links with comments are what I thought you were referring to. That's where you see the most abuse.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Signature links and links with comments are what I thought you were referring to. That's where you see the most abuse.
You speak as though you have some experience.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:56 PM   #8

Well...I'm not an SEO expert, but I have asked a lot of questions over the last four years when I started an online presence. I have learned quite a bit but there's still so much more to learn and understand.