Hello, I'm Rambler

Rambler

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Hello all
I'm new to the site and the forums, but so far they are great!

I've got a couple years to go yet until I can pull the eject handle and punch out, but with a daughter still in HS, I think it best to stay put for now. By the time she graduates, I'll be more FI and will certainly be much more ready to RE...as though I'm not ready for the RE part now.

I'm still relatively young at 45, and my goal from the time I was in college was to be able to retire by this age. I have prepared pretty well, and I could RE now, having a decent lifestyle, but it will be even better in a couple years.

I look forward to reading all the posts!

R

Rambler, welcome aboard. It sounds like you've got the FIRE thing down solid. We'll look forward to reading your posts!

Coach

Welcome to the boards, hope you enjoy yourself :) As long as your work isn't causing mental distress, it is sometimes a decent idea to work a little longer to make certain you don't have financial worries later. Good luck!

Welcome! Must be a good feeling to be FI at 45. A couple of more years will enable you to stock pile a little more for those unexpected repairs or purchases.

You probably have health insurance already lined up but if not, do so long before you retire. Good luck with your plans!

Back
Top Bottom