Hello, Joseph here

JosephC

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi everyone,

Glad to find this site. I found it searching early retirement in google, of course. I'm 22 years old in the Seattle area. Looking for advice on early retirement from a young perspective. Specifically, what I should be doing NOW so I can enjoy life LATER.

Nice meeting you all. :cool:

Welcome Joseph.

It's very simple really. Find a steady, well paid career that you enjoy, and keep current and flexible. Stay healthy. Pay yourself first by saving a minimum of 15% of every paycheck (preferably a lot more). Always live below your means. Borrow only for a home, or to make money. If you do take on consumer debt (including vehicles) pay it off ASAP. Learn as much as possible about investing (start reading here on the forum) and start investing in low cost funds with an appropriate asset allocation. Remember that nobody cares as much about your financial health as you do and keep tabs of your progress. Marry someone of like mind and avoid divorce.

I'm sure others will be along any moment now with other pearls of wisdom.

:)

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the welcome both of you (and thank you for the advice)!

Welcome, Joseph! Wish I had begun to think about this at that age. I had a late start but I'm plugging away. Good luck!

Hi everyone,

Glad to find this site. I found it searching early retirement in google, of course. I'm 22 years old in the Seattle area. Looking for advice on early retirement from a young perspective. Specifically, what I should be doing NOW so I can enjoy life LATER.

Nice meeting you all. :cool:

Yes, welcome, and I have jeans older than you :) so you are really getting a nice headstart on your financial future.

Back
Top Bottom