Hello, newbie here :)

akidagain2018

Recycles dryer sheets
Well, I found your wonderful community a few weeks back. I am ER ready spring 2018. It snuck up on me a few months ago after slogging through the last 9 years in a job that's been limiting and depressing. May stay a bit longer (a few months) for some play money to rehab my country place. But I want out! I've done all the math for years, project very long term, tax effected, varied income sources/investments/pension money. I need to get off the career treadmill,. So I need to go when I reach my early out date or soon thereafter. My work colleagues generally drive me crazy on a daily basis. Single, financial career, no dependents besides the cat and dog to be adopted later. Plan to spend time outdoors, not in an office, or on public transportation commuting, or battling traffic doing same. For the first 6 - 9 months I plan to just decompress, take some real vacation time, then decide if I want to do some consulting, or open a booth at the farmers' market in my home town. Or travel for fun, not work! I'm so ready, I think. :)

Hello & welcome aboard!

I ret!red earlier this year. Also thought I might do some consulting in retirement. Being completely unshackled was a huge epiphany. Instead of consulting, I volunteer at the local soup kitchen. I have absolutely zero interest in margin attainment, cost optimization, supply chain re-engineering, etc. In fact, I felt a bit queasy just typing that crap.

Here's wishing you a swift and grand ret!rement!:greetings10:

Welcome aboard. Congrats on the ER in the spring. I too, can't wait to decompress and change my perspective on life in retirement. Cheers!

Welcome! Your plan is perfect. Spend time decompressing and finding out what you'd really enjoy. It could very well be that you'd enjoy some consulting. Or not.

At my j*b I was somewhat of a generalist. There was always something new and interesting, but also always lots of irons in the fire. Coming back to do just one thing, on a project-bound contract with a firm end date, might be fun. But apparently not fun enough to actually put out any feelers, because I haven't yet.

Where I have made a few inquiries, and done a couple of gigs, is in a totally different field. In many ways, the opposite of what I had been doing. But mostly I've been too busy on my own projects to even think about much else.

Welcome! If you haven't found them already, we have a helpful list of things to think about to make sure all is ready to go:

Some Important Questions to Answer

We look forward to your contributions!

Back
Top Bottom