Hello to all.........nice Forum you have...........

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Real name is Scott. Don't kill the messenger, but I am a financial advisor for a small boutique firm in the US. Have been an advisor for 9 years. I am taking CFP coursework and will be one by June 2007.

Fear not, indexers and Bogle-ites..........I'm not here to espouse my theories, but to learn from you folks. Hopefully it will help me help my clients..........many of whom WANT to be ER, and are looking for me to help them get there.......:)

Anyway, I have some insight to things financial, and will help others if need be...........

See ya around...............Gday...............

Hello Scott and welcome to the forum.

FinanceDude said:
I'm not here to espouse my theories, but to learn from you folks. Hopefully it will help me help my clients..........many of whom WANT to be ER, and are looking for me to help them get there.......:)

Don't you think maybe the best thing you could do to help would be to tell them about this forum? (Just kidding ;))

Are you a fee only advisor?

Scott,
Welcome!
Where are you taking the CFP course? I'm on Retirement Planning now. Just Estate Planning left to go... I am using the College for Financial Planning program in Denver and work for a wealth consulting practice in Chas, SC.
Sarah

A charge a management fee on assets I manage. I am an RIA, so I could charge a flat fee for financial planning, but have never done so. I feel I am not going to charge consulting fees unless I am a CFP.

A lot of folks on here do their own investing, and that's fine with me. The folks I work with either don't want to, or don't want to learn..........:)

Hey Finance,

Nice to see you over here too. Looking forward to more discussions with you.
As I said on the other board, these people have some great advice on how to get ourselves and others to FIRE.

PR

PsyopRanger said:
Hey Finance,

Nice to see you over here too. Looking forward to more discussions with you.
As I said on the other board, these people have some great advice on how to get ourselves and others to FIRE.

PR

I thought I could learn some things over here to help me help my clients. Boy, this is WAY different than RDPD................ :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

There's a LOT of wannebe's on there............."I have no credit, no education, and no money..............can anyone tell me how to get rich by 25"? ::) ::) ::)

FinanceDude said:
There's a LOT of wannebe's on there............."I have no credit, no education, and no money..............can anyone tell me how to get rich by 25"?           ::) ::) ::)

And of course there is the proper response: "Oh yes. Just buy my $1500 starter kit and I can show you how to use no money down real estate deals to put cash in your pocket on day 1."

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I hope you didn't get too much of a frosty reception here, FD. I know that most of te regulars are inherently suspicious of RIAs/CFPs/advisors. Stick around. Its an interesting place.

My skin is thicker than most................ :D :D :D

Like any profession, good advisors and bad ones.........

Back
Top Bottom