Hello to the board.

FearTheTaxMan

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello members,

My name is Chris and I am a 22 year old from Madison, Wisconsin. I just graduated from the University of Wisconsin - Madison with a Bachelor's degree in Political Science. However unlike most poli sci majors I am employed full time as a Legislative Assistant in our State Capitol. My parents have instilled sound fiscal discipline in me over the past 22 years and now that I have entered the 'real world' I want to start on the right path for fiscal independence. My parents home library has a plethora of financial books and I just finished ''the five lessons a millionaire taught me'' and am currently reading ''the millionaire next door''. I love reading about this kind of stuff and thinking about my future. So I hope to be having many great conversations with many of you in the future!

Thanks!

Chris

Welcome to the board Chris. You sound like you're well on your way and a lot further along than I was at your age. Your parents sound very wise and hopefully my kids will say the same thing about us one day. My parents never talked about money when we were growing up (except for the fact that they never had much). So there's been a lot of trial and error along the way. I don't want my kids to follow the same blind path and am doing my best to make sure that doesn't happen. Enjoy the board. There's tons to learn.

Welcome, interest is a great start. If you want to avoid the tax man you fear a Roth 401 k and Roth IRAs are good choices to start your investing journey.

Back
Top Bottom