Hello - trying to decide when to pull the plug, or how much is enough

Ride motorcycles and mountain bikes. Work out more. Refurbish our main house since we've been in it 18 years and really have done very little to it. Travel some. Sleep a lot more. Drink an occasional beer or fancy coffee. Volunteer some, somewhere.

Very exciting and congrats! You're only now contemplating drinking an occasional beer?? You have some catching up to do:)

....I must say that coming to the realization that I could retire at any time ad be OK, has given me a much better attitude at work. .....

Yup. Been there.

You want me to do what? And by when? Right!

Seriously though, being FI allowed me to be more "candid" at work with colleagues and clients... often saying what many were thinking but were afraid to say because it wasn't what the higherups wanted to hear... as long as one does it diplomatically it can be quite valuable to the employer.

often saying what many were thinking but were afraid to say because it wasn't what the higherups wanted to hear... as long as one does it diplomatically it can be quite valuable to [-]the[/-] some employer.

You are, of course, correct. But, candid feedback was not welcomed by my former employer.

When I left, I thought I would do them a favor and tell them what lots of folks were thinking but were not willing to say.

First, I sat down with the head of our department. She kept interrupting me and saying "that's just your opinion". After giving up talking to her, I tried again with the HR rep during the exit interview. I could see her eyes glaze over. Then she said: "I already gave my notice. I really don't care what happens to this place".

Okey dokey. :rolleyes:

Looks like you're financially set for retirement. Get out now if you don't enjoy working and have something to retire to; stay if you enjoy it. I just watched my mom die on the 18th of February. You can't get back those working days...ever! Carpe diem!

Back
Top Bottom