Hello Y'all!

FIREd

Moderator Emeritus
Hi, I found out about these message boards about 2 years ago, and I have been checking them out almost daily since then. I love the advice I find here.

A few facts about me: I am 33, married, no kids (and not planning on having any). We live in Northern AL on a low six figure income working for the biotech industry. We have LBOM ever since we graduated from college. We are currently saving about 35% of our income and that percentage increases every year (we strive to keep our expenses constant from year to year, and we try to bank all bonuses and pay increases). The main reason for this "madness" (as described by friends and relatives) is that we are already getting tired of corporate BS; at age 33 we have already survived many corporate restructuring plans and suffered a few layoffs in our short careers and we think that all the stress can't be good for our health. Plus we have very little time left for ourselves to explore other interests. So, 2 years ago we decided to make it a goal to FI as soon as possible. Early retirement sounds good to me while my wife would like a career change, maybe consulting or teaching. Our goal right now is to be able to completely retire if we so choose by the time we are 50.

I am looking forward to learn more from you guys...

Hi Firedreamer - Wow...you are much further ahead than I was at your age. I hope to press the button and retire from megacorp next August (I'll be 50). But, I want to continue to work PT in the fitness industry. DH won't be able to retire until 55 (or 58 if he decides to hang in for his full pension).
Congrats on figuring it out much sooner than most.

Back
Top Bottom