Hey There

akck

Full time employment: Posting here.
Hi,

I recently found this forum and thought I'd join. I'm 54, living in Alaska and planning on retiring in 6 years. I hope that qualifies as early, since my original plans called for working past 62.

The main reason for 60 versus say 58 is because of health coverage (retirement coverage kicks in then). I'm also one of the ones who'll receive a pension, so a couple more years of work means a few more $$.

My hope is that I can be as helpful to others as what I'll get from the threads and my future questions answered on this forum. It looks like there are a lot of smart and helpful people here.

Thanks!

Calvin

Welcome Calvin...good to have you. We all share ideas with each other. So jump in and hang on!

Hi,

My hope is that I can be as helpful to others as what I'll get from the threads and my future questions answered on this forum. It looks like there are a lot of smart and helpful people here.

Thanks!

Welcome , I'm not one of the smart or helpful people but I'm pretty nice !

Hi and welcome.

Yes, my wife's pension kicks in at 60 but my retirement healthcare kicks in at 55 so I understand where you are coming from. You can be our Alaska expert. Any age to retire is good, especially if it is earlier than you planned.

Hi,

I recently found this forum and thought I'd join. I'm 54, living in Alaska and planning on retiring in 6 years. I hope that qualifies as early, since my original plans called for working past 62.

The main reason for 60 versus say 58 is because of health coverage (retirement coverage kicks in then). I'm also one of the ones who'll receive a pension, so a couple more years of work means a few more $$.

Thanks!

Calvin

Calvin, I am fast approaching 60 and plan to retire next year at 61 and 1/2, when my health coverage kicks in. The many kind people on this forum told me that my ER plans qualify as early, so your plans do too! 60 or 61 is earlier than 65 or 66.

Welcome to the forum!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom