Join Early Retirement Today
Old 11-14-2010, 09:44 AM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
So what are your expenses like? With $1.3million and a nice maternal state to take care of you in your old age, what's to stop you from working today?

LOL! is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2010, 10:48 PM   #42
Recycles dryer sheets
Welcome, Isoman. Like others have mentioned, Sweden in on my list of places to travel to in the future...

caninelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:38 PM   #43
Give me a forum ...
Originally Posted by haha View Post
Agree. Alan is hysterical.

Isoman, my city, Seattle, had and continues to have a very heavy settlement from Sweden and Norway. King Olaf came here to the Ballard neighborhood in 1975 to dedicate a statue to Leif Erickson, at the locks. The Scandinavian sites of Ballard » My Ballard

Many of our fisherman historically and even now are Norwegians, many Swedes came from Minnesota when logging began to slow there, and were a big part of logging our giant first growth forests all along the west side of the Cascade Mountains. They also were early farmers.

Seattle has had a big influx of people from all over the world over the past 30 years or so as our software and high technology industries have come to the forefront, but many areas of the city still have a strong Scandinavian flavor and there are still Leif Erickson Halls, Swedish Centers, Scandinavian dances 4-5 nights a week, etc. My dance partner is a Swede, married to an American man. In Scandinavian neighborhoods all the groceries always have Swedish and Norwegian staples like rye knackebrod, lefse, homemade pickled herring, and lutfisk at the holidays.

You would feel at home here, and many in these neighborhoods will speak Swedish or Norwegian, or sometimes Danish or Icelandic.

My grandfather was a Norwegian immigrant, first settled in what is now a suburb of Seattle after a brief stop in Minnesota. He left Telemark at age 16 because of the famine, ultimately moved to Oregon and became a partner in a sawmill. When I was a child I remember the Scandinavian Hour on the radio.. broadcast in Norwegian primarily. My father remembered when there were Norwegian, Finnish, Danish and Swedish neighborhoods in fishing communities like Astoria, Oregon. He said that the Danes had the BEST parties. Norse Halls still thrive.

Most jobs are just that, a job. Sometimes it requires just counting your blessings that you have one. It is different if your employment circumstances threaten your sanity or health, but otherwise either find a better one or hang in there until the time you don't need it any more.
Duck bjorn.
Brat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:15 AM   #44
Give me a forum ...
Originally Posted by Isoman View Post
Keegs: Tackar så mycket

I really like monthy pyton and the english humor. Fawlty tower is my favorite TV serie together with Dr Who.

"merely a flesh wound"..........

"We are the knights of Nee".........

"He's not the Son of Man, he's just a very naughty boy".........

Consult with your own advisor or representative. My thoughts should not be construed as investment advice. Past performance is no guarantee of future results (love that one).......:)

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote