hi again, retired now in Austin

darlindolls

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi again, :greetings10: I used to visit this board about 5+ years ago. A lot has happened since then. Two years ago my dh (58) and I (53) got laid off. My dh got a years notice and I had to work a temp job for a year to qualify for my pension.

The kids were out of college, we both had pensions (about 35% of our pay), we had some savings, and best of all - insurance. I paid off the house on my 54th birthday and retired a few weeks later. My dh's last day was about a month later when he was still 59 (but only barely).

I like to travel, usher for the theaters in town, cook and hang out with friends. My dh does most (all) of the finances, rides motorcycles, and does a few projects around the house.

A year has passed and we love it. We are only hoping that with the crazy market we did not pick the worst time in history to retire. Right now it is working for us.

Welcome aboard, Darlindolls.

Welcome back and thanks for the update.

Hi darlindolls and welcome back. Austin is a great city and we have many fond memories.

Welcome! I'd say if you've been able to pay your electric bills and keep your lawn and trees from dying during this unbelievable heat wave then you're probably OK.

Welcome back! I'm in TX, too. It has been a killer this summer in west TX. It's nice to hear your story.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom