Join Early Retirement Today

Hi everyone
Old 10-21-2007, 11:53 AM   #1
Dryer sheet aficionado

Hi everyone

Hi there.

I'm finally just getting into personal finance. I got marred this summer and my wife and I are trying to get our ducks in order to buy a house. Looking around this site, it seems like a great place to bounce ideas and get information.
RhodyGreg14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2007, 12:20 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Location: South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering Creek
Hey back at ya,

Welcome here to you and spouse and your ducks.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 02:20 PM   #3
Full time employment: Posting here.

Welcome.

Lots of advice and opinions here. Probably even info on ducks if you are interested
I would not have anyone adopt my mode of living...but I would have each one be very careful to find out and pursue his own way, and not his father's or his mother's or his neighbor's instead. Thoreau, Walden
Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 05:53 PM   #4
Administrator

Welcome aboard. We may not have any knowledge about ducks, but it is a certainty we have an opinion about them.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:08 PM   #5
Dryer sheet aficionado

What's FIRE stand for?
RhodyGreg14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:12 PM   #6
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyGreg14 View Post
What's FIRE stand for?
See this list of forum acronyms:

http://www.early-retirement.org/foru...rum-19058.html
Old 10-30-2007, 04:46 PM   #7
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyGreg14 View Post
Hi there.

I'm finally just getting into personal finance. I got marred this summer and my wife and I are trying to get our ducks in order to buy a house. Looking around this site, it seems like a great place to bounce ideas and get information.

Welcome. Sorry to hear about you getting marred. You'll find alot of great information here.

Also, I know you meant you got married. Congratulations. I hope your wife shares your interest in these financial issues.

mar /mɑr/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[mahr] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object), marred, mar·ring. 1.to damage or spoil to a certain extent; render less perfect, attractive, useful, etc.; impair or spoil: That billboard mars the view. The holiday was marred by bad weather. 2.to disfigure, deface, or scar: The scratch marred the table.
[Origin: bef. 900; ME merren, OE merran to hinder, waste; c. OS merrian, OHG merren to hinder, ON merja to bruise, Goth marzjan to offend]

—Synonyms 1, 2. flaw, injure; blot. Mar, deface, disfigure, deform agree in applying to some form of injury. Mar is general, but usually refers to an external or surface injury, if it is a physical one: The tabletop was marred by dents and scratches. Deface refers to a surface injury that may be temporary or easily repaired: a tablecloth defaced by penciled notations. Disfigure applies to external injury of a more permanent and serious kind: A birthmark disfigured one side of his face. Deform suggests that something has been distorted or internally injured so severely as to change its normal form or qualities, or else that some fault has interfered with its proper development: deformed by an accident that had crippled him; to deform feet by binding them.
—Antonyms 1, 2. enhance, adorn.
Eyerishgold is offline   Reply With Quote