Join Early Retirement Today
Hi from TonyB
Old 10-12-2007, 05:05 PM   #1
Dryer sheet wannabe
Hi from TonyB

After lurking for years, the reminder that I've never posted has finally shamed me into action.

I was already working toward early retirement when I found this website and was thrilled to discover I wasn't the only heretic in the asylum. This site has been a great morale booster over the years.

I am 48 years old and have been enjoying ER for 4 months .
Retired from the US Navy after 22 years of service in the Surface Ship Community. Moved to New Mexico from Northern Virginia with my lovely bride of 17 years. Loving ER so far.

Thanks to everyone on this board who has has provided sorely needed encouragement and insight over the years.

tonyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2007, 06:40 PM   #2
Hi and welcome

Glad that you are enjoying ER so far from the sea. I am sure that you did well, if you owned in NoVa. You wouldn't be the destroyer captain who lived behind my parents?

Welcome, there are lots of other retired service people on this board to give you hints about TriCare. The rest of us will be jealous.

Angels danced on the day that you were born.
bssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 08:01 AM   #3
Full time employment: Posting here.
Hey TonyB,

Welcome to the board. Another retired military guy? Very few of you truly retired veterans. A tru inspiration to all of us behind you. I have several friends that are stationed here in the Rocky Mtn Navy.

I am about 30 months behind you then I will be hanging it up myself from the AF. Was deployed with some SWOs, fast attack, boomers etc a couple of years ago. All a different culture but all great folks. Well the fast attack guys were a little strange as they were always looking over their shoulder to see if they were getting ready to get hosed.

I think you will like this community. Great people, different views, and different approaches.

Again Welcome!!

JDARNELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:20 AM   #4
Dryer sheet wannabe
bssc & Tomcat 98,

Thanks for the welcome. Bssc, I wasn't the destroyer captain that lived behind your parents. My last tour was at the Naval Surface Warfare Center in Dahlgren, Va.
tonyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:31 AM   #5
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Make no mistake, my friend, it takes more than money to make men rich. - A. P. Gouthey
Fireup2020 is offline   Reply With Quote