Hi I am Drums Newbie

drums

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello just wanted to introduce myself. Been lurking for a short while and understand I need to come out and say hello. I am a 55 y/o SFM who just sold her biz. Not sure what I may do for the next chapter. But for now I am taking time away from work. Through this group I hope to learn enough to manage my portfolio and stay out of the financial dog house. Also Ive been getting motivated to retire now and begin to enjoy life more without running as business full time.

Without going into too much detail my expenses run about $150K annually and I have no debt. My biggest expense is healthcare and property tax ($1MM home). My liquid retirement funds total $4.3MM (Mostly tax sheltered) and are invested into balanced portfolios at Schwab, Fidelity, and Merrill. I keep about $100K in money markets for emergency. I am sure you all have more questions but with my recent calculations it seems I am OK financially to stop working. Anyway just wanted to say hello and I'll post in from time to time.

Pull up a chair, lots of good stuff here, retired at 54 and Ms.G at 50.

Well, you're in great shape financially. Take some time and relax. See how it fits. My sister retired several times and that was her choice. Me, I just wanted to do it once. Keep in touch

Welcome Drums. Looking forward to hearing more about you.

Welcome to our wonderful forum.
Looking forward to additional posts. Nice to see a "Fatfire" post once in awhile.

Welcome.
Health insurance and tax are my largest expenses too, even with a small megacorp subsidy and a much less expensive home.

Welcome Drums,
Congratulations on your decision to FIRE. Your initial profile looks like you are in good shape. Take your time and learn how to manage your own finances. Be careful of any advisers that offer to help.

My expenses are about $140k per year. My biggest non-discretionary expenses are also health care and property taxes.

Back
Top Bottom