Hi, i am jjpies

JJPIES60

Dryer sheet wannabe
I am retiring Jan 2012. I'm single, no kids, no debts, no mortgage. I hope to travel and join an art club when I FIRE. I have been enjoying this website and all the good information. I'm a Vanguard investor, too.:greetings10: I won't miss getting up at 5:00am anymore, dealing with the "entitlement attitudes" of the clients and the mind-numbing policies and paperwork. More later.;)

Hi jjpies60, I went to college a little way down the road from you at U.C. Davis. Welcome to the forum. :flowers: I am also single, and plan to retire not long after you—mid 2013.

Welcome. What will you do all day? :confused:

You pegged me--I am a UC Davis alumni. Here's a Cal Aggie cheer for you
Bossy cow cow
Honey bee bee
Oleomargarine
Oleobutterine
Alfalfa HAY!

What will I do? I'm going to join the local art club to get back into painting. They have demos, classes, workshops, and live model Fridays. The jr. colleges have a lot also.
Sacramento is a cowtown but it is surrounded by everything. San Francisco, the Sierra Nevadas, Lake Tahoe, Napa valley, Carmel/Monterrey/Santa Cruz, Gold rush towns, etc. I joined a local travel club that has trips from one day to 10 days.
I'm checking the parks & rec depts. for clubs-scrabble, books, walking, etc. One has an indoor pool.
I went to SF this last year to the Musee D'Orsey impressionist exhibits 1 & 2. Saw Bob Dylan at Harvey's summer concert. Some retired people on the bus trips have told me about other things. I want to do some big travel too, like Italy.

What will I do? I'm going to join the local art club to get back into painting. They have demos, classes, workshops, and live model Fridays. The jr. colleges have a lot also.
Sacramento is a cowtown but it is surrounded by everything. San Francisco, the Sierra Nevadas, Lake Tahoe, Napa valley, Carmel/Monterrey/Santa Cruz, Gold rush towns, etc. I joined a local travel club that has trips from one day to 10 days.
I'm checking the parks & rec depts. for clubs-scrabble, books, walking, etc. One has an indoor pool.
I went to SF this last year to the Musee D'Orsey impressionist exhibits 1 & 2. Saw Bob Dylan at Harvey's summer concert. Some retired people on the bus trips have told me about other things. I want to do some big travel too, like Italy.

Wow! I've been retired 4 years and all I've done so far is post here. Seriously, though, way to go.

Back
Top Bottom