Hi, I am new here

Rjohn61389

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi, a newbe here, I just turned 62, and have received notice that company is planning on closing plant soon. Should I be unable to obtain another position within the company, I will be force to take my pension at this time and maybe consider early SS also. any comments

What do you want to do? Jockey for a new position or take the $ and run? Will what you get from the company along with any severance package and or unemployment be adequate? Do you have intrests and activities to pursue with lottsa time? Think about what you need vs. want.

Rjohn61389 said:
Hi, a newbe here, I just turned 62, and have received notice that company is planning on closing plant soon. Should I be unable to obtain another position within the company, I will be force to take my pension at this time and maybe consider early SS also. any comments

Well you are 62, and you would get a pension, HOW MUCH? SS How Much?

You only know how much money you need a month.

Good Luck.

I quit at 50. With a pension and now I do stupid fun part time work with no mortgage and low taxes.

Rjohn,

I don't think that anyone can intelligently comment on your situation without more info?

MB

If you tell us what you want to do than there will be people to help you. If you need people to tell you how to run your life, this part is up to you. There is a lot of good information here when you have made your decision. I wish you all the best on your decision.

many intelligent people on this board, hope you come back and or stay in touch...

Back
Top Bottom